For more than 30 years…
The Upper Valley Haven has provided temporary shelter and educational programming for homeless families and adults as well as food and clothing to anyone in need. The Haven has fostered independence through our Shelter Advocacy, Aftercare, Outreach and Education Programs. The Haven is open 365 days per year and never charges for any of its services. We serve over 10,000 people per year.
It is difficult to adequately describe the stress and range of emotions surrounding homelessness and poverty. The same is true of the rewards our donors, staff, and volunteers experience from helping those in need.
In fiscal year 2014 (April 1, 2013 – March 31, 2014) the Haven provided:
• SHELTER for 42 families (66 children) totaling 122 people; and for 114 adults (including 6 couples and 30 veterans).
• FOOD for 3,655 households with 10,354 members (3,149 of whom were children). There has been food supplied for one household for one week on 13,390 occasions.
• CASE MANAGEMENT (for community members, not including shelter guests) support for 5,504 individuals
• CLOTHING for 8,144 individuals
• ACADEMIC SUPPORT & Enrichment Activities to 44 children (both current and former guests at our Family Shelter)
• LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES to more than 98 adults
We invite you to explore this website to learn more about who we are and what we do. If you are interested in our work, call or visit to learn more about how you, too, can help to make a difference in our Upper Valley community.