Development Associate The Upper Valley Haven is seeking a full-time Development Associate to join its Development Team.
The DA reports to the Director of Development & Communications, and works independently, with the support and assistance of the Development team to plan and implement a variety of Haven events and communications. The DA communicates the Haven’s community impact, oversees internal and external marketing and messaging through print, online, and social media, and supports goals for the Development team’s annual strategic goals.
- Complete execution of two printed newsletters per year;
- Monthly e-newsletter and special events emails;
- Maintain and update the Haven’s website (WordPress);
- Manage and grow the Haven’s social media (Facebook and Instagram);
- Plan and implement 4 to 6 major community events per year including the organization of logistics, coordination of design, printing and distribution of invitations;
- Work closely with the Director of Development & Communications to help implement outreach and cultivation activities and events for donors, prospects and the community;
- Participate in assigned special events and receptions as they pertain to assigned prospects;
- Other duties as assigned
Essential to this role are savvy communications skills, long-range planning and goal setting, a sense of humor and a positive attitude. The Upper Valley Haven relies on volunteers every day to fulfill our mission. All employees must support our culture of philanthropy by treating every volunteer with appreciation and respect. Most work is executed on site; there are some weekend and evening hours as needed; a driver’s license is required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior experience in development or related field.
- Precise and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills to perform routine word processing
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Understanding of computerized databases, experience in Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Ability to work well with the public and cooperatively with other staff and departments
Salary commensurate with experience. The Upper Valley Haven offers a competitive compensation package as well as other benefits.To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Laura Gillespie with the subject line “Development Associate.”
Service Coordinator: The Haven is seeking a new staff member to provide and coordinate outreach and support to individuals and families who are experiencing homelessness. The successful candidate will be empathic, a creative problem-solver and will thrive in a dynamic work environment. This position offers opportunities to work with local partners to aid community members in crisis. Flexible, energetic, warm team player will help families obtain and sustain permanent housing. Qualified candidates will have MSW, experience working with families experiencing poverty and homelessness. Full time position; some evening work is necessary. UVH offers competitive salary plus health and other benefits. Please email cover letter and resume to Renee Weeks at gro.nevahyellavreppunull@skeewr with the subject line “social worker.”