Community Service Coordinator
Seeking candidate to provide and coordinate outreach and support to individuals and families who are experiencing homelessness. We seek a candidate who is empathic and a creative problem-solver and who will thrive in a dynamic work environment. This position offers creative opportunities to work with local partners to aid community members in crisis. Flexible, energetic, creative team player will help families obtain and sustain permanent housing. Qualified candidates will experience working with families experiencing poverty and homelessness, MSW is preferred. Full time position; some evening work may be necessary. UVH offers competitive salary plus health and other benefits. Please email cover letter and resume to Becky Hadley with the subject line “social worker.”
Alternative Housing Service Coordinator:
Seeking candidate to provide support and outreach to families and individuals in our extended shelter program. The position requires working with multiple outside agencies to coordinate services and help families who have high barriers to housing attain permanent housing. This position will also be responsible for the implementation, training and consultation around Coordinated Entry for people experiencing homelessness in our area. Candidates must be creative problem-solvers, work well in a team environment, and have skills for optimal collaboration with external agencies. Must have experience in human services, and working with people living in poverty; MSW is preferred. Full time position; some evening work is necessary. UVH offers competitive salary plus health and other benefits. Please email cover letter and resume to Becky Hadley with the subject line “alternative social worker.”
Children’s Services Summer Program Gardening Intern
To create an engaging and educational summer gardening program for children participating in the Upper Valley Haven’s Summer Program.
The Upper Valley Haven is one of thirteen sites statewide that have received a Gardens for Learning Grant through the Vermont Community Garden Network. In addition to being a stipend position, this grant also provides materials for gardening, cooking, food and equipment. The person in this position would help to coordinate the creation and implementation of a weekly gardening program that includes—but is not limited to—designing a curriculum, preparing for daily activities, communicating with program supervisor, leading a gardening/food related activity four mornings/week for groups of 6-12 children, providing documentation of activities, facilitating off-site field trips to food/garden-related sites, and managing all aspects of the grant.
- Experience with gardening (1-5 years)
- Previous experience working with kids
- Ability to understand and respect diverse backgrounds
- Experience in working with families living in poverty and/or homelessness is helpful, but not necessary.
Dates: June 26th-August 4th (dates can be flexible) For more information and to apply, please email Erin Wetherell.
The Upper Valley Haven is seeking a full-time Development Associate to join its Development Team.
The DA reports to the Director of Development & Communications, and works independently, with the support and assistance of the Development team to plan and implement a variety of Haven events and communications. The DA communicates the Haven’s community impact, oversees internal and external marketing and messaging through print, online, and social media, and supports goals for the Development team’s annual strategic goals.
- Complete execution of two printed newsletters per year;
- Monthly e-newsletter and special events emails;
- Maintain and update the Haven’s website (WordPress);
- Manage and grow the Haven’s social media (Facebook and Instagram);
- Plan and implement 4 to 6 major community events per year including the organization of logistics, coordination of design, printing and distribution of invitations;
- Work closely with the Director of Development & Communications to help implement outreach and cultivation activities and events for donors, prospects and the community;
- Participate in assigned special events and receptions as they pertain to assigned prospects;
- Other duties as assigned
Essential to this role are savvy communications skills, long-range planning and goal setting, a sense of humor and a positive attitude. The Upper Valley Haven relies on volunteers every day to fulfill our mission. All employees must support our culture of philanthropy by treating every volunteer with appreciation and respect. Most work is executed on site; there are some weekend and evening hours as needed; a driver’s license is required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior experience in development or related field.
- Precise and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills to perform routine word processing
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Understanding of computerized databases, experience in Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Ability to work well with the public and cooperatively with other staff and departments
Salary commensurate with experience. The Upper Valley Haven offers a competitive compensation package as well as other benefits.To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Laura Gillespie with the subject line “Development Associate.”