We invite you to participate in Bridges Out of Poverty, offered by the Upper Valley Haven, Boyle Community Pediatrics at CHaD and the The Couch Family Foundation.
- Bridges Day One Monday, July 17th from 9 am to 4 pm
- Bridges Day Two Monday, August 7th from 9 am to 3:30 pm (for those who have completed Day One)
Bridges out of Poverty represents a powerful tool for change. Based, in part, on Dr. Ruby Payne’s A Framework for Understanding Poverty, Bridges opens a conversation with service providers and businesses whose daily work connects them with the lives of people in poverty. This training contains case studies, detailed analysis, helpful charts and exercises, and specific solutions you and your organization can implement right now to:
- Redesign programs to better serve people in poverty
- Build skill sets for management to help guide employees
- Upgrade training for front-line staff including receptionist and others
- Improve treatment outcomes in healthcare and behavioral healthcare
- Increase the likelihood of moving from welfare to work
To register for either training please contact Jennifer Fontaine.
The Haven Through 40 Years
The Haven will commemorate its four decades of service to the region by releasing 40 stories of people, events, ideas, and services fundamental to our mission. We will be releasing these stories weekly, so check back often.