Bev’s House at the Haven has been shaped in an evolving process since Bev’s passing on March 8, 2010. Built in 1923, this building came into Haven ownership in 2000, but remained unrelated to the mission and services prior to 2010. At that time, Alden Fiertz and Haven staff identified this building as a place that could memorialize Bev’s dedication to family, community, justice for those in poverty, and inner growth through expressive arts.
Today we share the dynamic life and activity that has emerged in this place, in keeping with these themes and commitments. We also specially announce the beginning of a new legal services partnership with the South Royalton Legal Clinic of Vermont Law School in Bev’s name. We also recognize that Annette Compton Fiertz was instrumental in bringing Bev’s artwork to the House, and in envisioning the array of ways in which expressive arts might contribute to the growth of self-esteem, and capacity for voice and expression in people unaccustomed to being seen and heard.