2014 Race Day: Sunday, June 1st
Join the Haven’s 2014 Covered Bridges Half Marathon team and help those struggling with homelessness and poverty!
Support the Haven’s CBHM runners!
Commit to raise $500 and enjoy the following benefits:
• Gathering tent at the starting area with energy bars, bagels, fruit and fluids
• Haven CBHM Team t-shirt (stylish and functional – a keeper!)
• Training tips by road race experts sent by email preceding the race
• Team photograph & opportunity for individual photographs
• Transportation of personal items from the start of the race to the finish
• Lucky bracelets made by children living at the Haven’s shelter & participating in the Haven’s Afterschool program
To request a spot on the Haven team, please e-mail Karina Olson McNamara.
The Covered Bridges Half Marathon was first run in 1992. Race founder David Chioffi and a group of community members got together to create a half marathon along some of the best running routes around Woodstock, Vermont. The course was unique in that it incorporated four area covered bridges, with runners passing through two of them.
The race is organized exclusively by volunteers, under the corporate umbrella of CBHM, Inc., a non-profit corporation formed specifically to organize running events and donate the proceeds to charity. The race donates more than $30,000 each year to local non-profit groups focused on youth activities and youth sports in the Upper Valley of Vermont and New Hampshire. In recent years, groups have used the race to inspire volunteers to seek pledges for their respective causes, raising as much as $130,000.
Each year the Haven has 50 registration spots for the race. We gather a team of runners who fundraise for us by raising sponsorships dollars. Come join our team, run for a great cause, meet new friends and go home with the most stylish team shirt on the market today!
Questions? Please e-mail or call Karina Olson McNamara at 802-478-1804.